Water discharge permits are required for most industrial and municipal outfalls. Current permitting requirements vary from state to state with general permits for sanitary wastewater discharges and certain sector-specific discharges for operations as simple as a car wash. Other permitting activities, due to their varied nature, may require an individual permit for the facility.
PPM’s experienced environmental consultants are aware of these variations and work through these processes in multiple states. As with other permitting activities it is imperative to understand the facility operations, have knowledge of the effluent sources, and provide the most effective permitting approach. PPM’s environmental consulting services do not stop with the application submittal; a critical part of complying with the permit is a thorough review of the draft permit to assure it will be applicable to the site and does not have any undue requirements.
Water Quality Permitting Services
Services that PPM Consultants offer in relation to water quality permitting includes:
- General National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permits
- Individual NPDES Permits
- Effluent Monitoring
- Wastewater Treatment System Evaluations and Selection
- Discharge Monitoring Reports
PPM’s other water discharge permitting services include stormwater discharges associated with construction activities and those stormwater discharges associated with specific industry sectors that are covered by a Multi-Sector General Permit.
Stormwater Permitting Services
PPM Consultants offers the following stormwater permitting services:
- Construction Stormwater Activities for areas 1 to 5 acres in size
- Construction Stormwater Activities for areas 5 acres and greater in size
- Construction Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Notice of Intent
- Notice of Termination
- Multi-Sector General Permitting
- Stormwater Sample Collection